Care Act – Person-centred care course
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/10.
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
- Introduction – the four principles of person-centred care
- Why is person-centred care important?
- How has person-centred care developed?
- Putting person-centred care in practice:
- What good looks like
- Do's and don'ts
- Risk assessments
- Person-centred care and identifying social isolation
- Case studies
- Understand the legislation and principles around person-centred care
- Understand person-centred approaches in interventions including: screening, information and advice, assessment, enablement, support planning, reviews
- Understand person-centred care and what a person-centred approach entails:
- Giving the individual choice and control
- Setting goals and personal outcomes
- Providing information and advice
- Strengths-based approach
- Understand the relationship between a person-centred approach and risk assessment
- How to use a person-centred approach in identifying social isolation
- Identify and deal with challenges of person-centred working
- Full day training course – 7 hrs