Care Act - Personal Budgets and Direct Payments course
CDP Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/13.
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
- Defining Personal Budgets, Direct Payments, LA commissioned services and Independent Service Funds.
- Elements of the Personal Budget
- Calculating the personal budget – principles
- What is excluded from the personal budget
- Use of personal budget: adult and carer
- Direct payments duties/principles: adults with capacity and without capacity
- Administering direct payments
- Use of direct payments: community and residential services, hospital stays, LA services
- Reviewing direct payments
- understand the concepts of personal budget, direct payment and Independent service funds
- understand the Care Act requirements for personal budgets and direct payments
- understand the LA duties on Information and Advice related to personal budgets and direct payments
- understand the principles of personal budgets and direct payments.
- 4 hours