Children’s services training
CPD-accredited training and workforce development support for safeguarding children’s boards, children’s services and local authorities.
Many of our clients combine our training with our consultancy services.
Children’ services training courses
SCIE can provide a range of courses for children’s services, such as those outlined below. Click on the title to view a sample of the course programme which can be adapted to suit your needs.
Safeguarding children - an introduction
Designed for health, housing, charity and social care staff who have safeguarding responsibilities. Looking at how safeguarding principles affect practice, with a focus on multi-agency working.
Safeguarding children and adults – an introduction
An essential introduction to safeguarding children and adults. Includes practice examples, information and resources to help you understand good safeguarding practice.
Child neglect: e-learning and workshop
Multi-agency training and support. A stand-alone e-learning course for a basic level of understanding of child neglect. Once that is completed, delegates can attend a face-to-face workshop.
Upcoming courses that will support children’s services:
- Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation, including child trafficking and modern slavery
- Working effectively with Looked After Children: focus on the legislation, experiences, needs and outcomes
- Diversity and safeguarding children, for instance how diversity issues are used to disadvantage children and young peo
- Harmful practices and safeguarding children, for instance female genital mutilation and ‘honour-based violence’.
- Children’s rights, co-production and participation
- Introduction to safeguarding children, including supporting the tourism sector and entertainment industry.