Female Genital Mutilation and safeguarding children course
Safeguarding women and girls Masterclass
- The course is delivered by dynamic safeguarding, criminal justice, health care and community development specialists
- It has been developed with survivors and provides a unique opportunity to hear their voices
- The training will provide participants with the learning and skills needed to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- More knowledge about FGM
- Better understand of your safeguarding roles and responsibilities
- Appreciation of the fundamental need for joint working, communication and information-sharing to support good safeguarding in relation to FGM
- Awareness of the different models of intervention, risk factors, how to assess risk and where to access support services
- Interviewing skills to help you know how to broach the topic
- A clear understanding of legislation and guidance, and how these affect practice
- Recognise how different personal and professionals beliefs and attitudes can have an impact when working with families and on multi-agency working.
Who should attend
- The training is designed to meet the needs of professionals in all sectors (e.g. social workers, police, health, teachers, youth workers and the third sector).
Certificates for this training equates to 6 hours of CPD.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/33.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
Book a place on an open course
We are also delivering this training as a one day open access course. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend. Book now for the following date: