Safeguarding children course
Designed for health, housing, charity and social care staff who have safeguarding responsibilities. Looking at how safeguarding principles affect practice, with a focus on multi-agency working.
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
The course will introduce:
- Types and indicators of abuse
- Legislation and guidance
- Information sharing and recording
- Parental risk factors
- Online abuse
- Child sexual exploitation
- Attendees to gain a clear understanding of safeguarding responsibilities for Local Authorities and their partners.
- Attendees to have a clear understanding of the safeguarding principles
- Attendees to have a clearer understanding of how these responsibilities will affect practice
- Attendees to understand the fundamental need for joint working, communication and information-sharing to support good safeguarding
Who should attend
- Social care staff
- Health staff
- Housing staff
- Charity staff