Equality, Diversity and Human Rights course
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
Equality, diversity and human rights are challenging concepts. They can be confusing and hard to get right. But they form an important value base for social care services which has a legal basis.
Learn about the legal duties under the Equalities Act, Human Rights Act and the Care Act and how to apply them to everyone day-to-day work using the FREDA principles. (Fairness, Respect, Equality, Dignity & Autonomy).
- Understand the values which underpin equality, diversity and human rights
- Learn about the legal duties under the Equalities act, Human rights act and the Care Act
- Learn about the FREDA principles which CQC uses
- Learn about test cases that apply to social care
- Discussion and exercises on the above, including use of practice examples to illustrate the application of key elements
- Increased understanding of equality, diversity and human rights in a social care setting and why these are important.
- Increased understanding of:
- The Equality Act (2010)
- Human Rights Act (1998)
- FREDA principles (Fairness, Respect, Equality, Dignity & Autonomy)
- Prejudice and its impact on our behaviour
- 4 hours