Dementia awareness for non-clinical staff course
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/14.
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
- The common signs and symptoms of the different types of dementia
- The impact that dementia can have on how an individual copes with ordinary situations
- The myths and assumptions made about dementia
- Communication and establishing trust
- Behaviour that can undermine interactions
- Working with family carers and friends
Attendees will learn how they can best support an individual living with dementia and their carers
Who should attend?
This is an introductory level course aimed at staff who come into daily contact with adults living with dementia and who need to know the basics of good dementia care and practice.