Person-centred approaches to dementia: CPD accredited training for community-based staff
This course will help you to take a person-centred approach to dementia care and to develop your skills in strengths-based assessment. Engaging and instructive, it will help you to better meet the needs of people living with dementia.
CPD accredited course ref no 60036/30.
- The impact that different types of dementia can have on how a person living with dementia reacts and copes
- Establishing trust to support good communication
- Working with family carers and friends
- Examples of innovative local authority dementia strategies
Attendees will learn how best to support an individual living with dementia in different care settings
Who should attend?
Care and support staff working in:
- home care
- care homes
- day centres
- rehabilitation and respite care services
- voluntary sector services.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.