Deprivations of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS): in practice
For frontline staff, registered managers, and team leaders in care, health and related services.
Gain an understanding the Deprivations of Liberty processes and how to apply them in practice.
SCIE are pleased to offer this course in collaboration with Daisy Bogg Consultancy..
- Understand the key relationship between the Mental Capacity Act, DoLS processes and Human Rights.
- Be able to explain the ‘acid test’
- Gain awareness of how a request for authorisation can be made.
- Gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities within DoLS processes in health and care accomodation contexts.
- Be to apply the Acid Test in health and care settings to identify a DoL
- Gain an understanding of the DoLs Assessment processes
- Development of, and application of knowledge to practice scenarios.
Duration: 6.5 hours
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.