Safeguarding and the Care Act course
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/18.
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
- Safeguarding duties under the Care Act (including Safeguarding Board and its responsibilities, and Safeguarding Adults Reviews).
- Safeguarding principles.
- Working together, co-ordination and Information Sharing.
- Independent Advocacy and its relationship with Mental Capacity Act.
- Practice examples and exercises on the above to understand the practice application of the principles.
- Attendees to gain a clear understanding of the new safeguarding responsibilities for Local Authorities and their partners under the Care Act 2014.
- Attendees to have a clear understanding of the six safeguarding principles and ‘making safeguarding personal’.
- Attendees to have a clearer understanding of how the new responsibilities will affect practice
- Attendees to understand the fundamental need for joint working, communication and information-sharing to support good safeguarding.
Who should attend?
- Full day learning event for safeguarding leads, chairs of safeguarding adults’ boards and assistant directors. The event may also be of interest to care providers.
- Full day training course - 7 hours
- Safeguarding Adults Reviews and the Care Act
- Available Models for Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- SCIE’s Learning Together for Safeguarding Adults Reviews
- Safeguarding and housing
- View more information on the Care Act: Safeguarding adults