This briefing discusses the barriers currently faced by BME people in accessing dementia care services and some of the ways in which services can become better at responding to the needs of BME people in their locality.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 1031 - 1040 of 1319
This At a glance briefing is for family carers supporting a child with severe learning disabilities and behaviour described as challenging. It will help you understand what you should expect from local services.
Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
This guide aims to support the work of local authority and NHS staff who may need to instruct and work with IMCAs in relation to accommodation decisions and care reviews.
Keeping personal budgets personal: learning from the experiences of older people, people with mental health problems and their carers
A report into the experiences of older people and people with mental health problems in using personal budgets.
Personal budgets briefing: learning from the experiences of people with mental health problems and their carers
This briefing looks at the experiences of older people and people with mental health problems in using personal budgets.
The workbook will be of interest to local authorities as a systematic way of checking and improving practice in social care.
Part of Reablement
Emerging messages about reablement based on research evidence and the work of reablement teams in four London boroughs.
Part of Personalisation
This At a glance summary examines the potential for personalisation, particularly self-directed support and personal budgets, to result in cost-efficiencies and improved productivity as well as improved care and support.
Supporting black and minority ethnic older people's mental wellbeing: accounts of social care practice
Report looking at practitioners' accounts of their practice in promoting the wellbeing of older people from BME backgrounds the UK.
These guidelines provide a comprehensive guide to the conduct of SCIE research reviews,
Results 1031 - 1040 of 1319