The Care Quality Commission (CQC) commissioned the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) to define excellence in adult social care service in England to inform the CQCs new quality information scheme for regulated adult care services. The scoping and engagement report shows the detail of the work SCIE did to develop the definition, including consultations with users, carers, providers and commissioners. It includes examples of good practice from top-rated social care services.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 1041 - 1050 of 1291
Part of Personalisation
This At a Glance briefing examines the implications of the personalisation agenda for NHS staff
This resource has been designed to support you to meet the 12 outcomes statements contained in the NQSW framework in adult services developed by Skills For Care.
SCIE has been commissioned to lead an exciting new programme which brings together adult social care, health and sustainable development.
Finding excellence in adult social care services: an overview of selected approaches to excellence in social care
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) commissioned the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) to define excellence in adult social care service in England to inform the CQCs new quality information scheme for regulated adult care services. This overview looks at some of the tools currently in use to measure quality in social care, many of which informed our final definition.
SCIE guide to age equality and age discrimination in social care
Briefing produced with the UK Sustainable Development Commission and the Improvement and Development Agency. The Sustainable Social Care Programme encourages commissioners of adult social care to promote sustainable development.
SCIE guide to collaborative working in social care
Report intended to help information professionals and researchers make informed choices when planning searches on social care topics
Independence, community and environment: final report of the Sustainable Social Care Learning Network
Report bringing together adult social care and health with sustainable development
Results 1041 - 1050 of 1291