This knowledge review looks at what has and what has not contributed to the successful provision of community-based day activities for all people with learning disabilities.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 1141 - 1150 of 1269
This paper outlines a project commissioned by the Department of Health which focused on participation in the undergraduate and postgraduate social work degree. Focusing on how service user and care organisations can develop their involvement in the undergraduate and post graduate social work degree and drawing on successes of the first two years, the paper then goes on to identify existing barriers to successful partnership and possible ways forward. This project was a joint venture between Shaping Our Lives, Department of Health and SCIE.
The purpose of this report is to share ideas about self-advocacy for people with learning disabilities and those who are committed to supporting self-advocacy such as service providers, commissioners, parents and carers.
SCIE Research briefings
This knowledge review includes a review of research evidence on the outcomes valued by older people and the factors that facilitate and inhibit achieving these outcomes. It also contains a postal survey of localities and social services managers in England and Wales known to be interested in developing outcomes-focused approaches to older people's services; and in-depth studies in six localities.
A guide for those using SCIE's social work and e-learning resources in their teaching.
Teaching, learning and assessing communication skills with children and young people in social work education
This knowledge review is about identifying key findings about teaching, learning and assessing communication skills with children in social work education settings.
Dementia: supporting people with dementia and their carers in health and social care: full guideline
This guidance sets out the identification, treatment and care of people with dementia and the support that should be provided for carers within primary and secondary healthcare, and social care.
This knowledge review is about parents with physical and/or sensory impairments, learning difficulties, mental health problems, long-term illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, and drug or alcohol problems. Its main focus is on social care, but integral to this are the relationships between social care and health, housing and education.
This guide offers quick and easy access to practice knowledge about assessment, care planning and social work in adult placement services. It includes key research findings and ideas from practice, with reference to current Government policy and legislation; suggests how commissioners and care managers, and adult placement schemes, can improve outcomes for people who use adult placement; and provides links to further information."
Results 1141 - 1150 of 1269