Co-producing housing, planning and design solutions with older people can support us to live independently in our own homes for longer – and generate new markets. A new report makes recommendations to government, builders, planners, designers and lenders.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 171 - 180 of 1269
Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
This report decribes good practice in the management and implementation of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards(DoLS).
Using communities' and people's assets and strengths to plan and deliver social care
Part of Dementia
Local commissioners should make sure the right services are in place in their area, so that people living with dementia and their carers get the support and services they need.
Part of Prevention and wellbeing
Homesharing is typically where an older person shares a home with a younger person, who in turn needs affordable rent and who can offer support and companionship. On behalf of a partnership, SCIE managed the evaluation of a pilot project. The evaluation was published last week at an event that encouraged more homesharing.
Our third annual Co-production Week takes place from 2 July. As part of our programme, we are running free webinars on breaking down the barriers to co-production. Co-production sees people who use services and carers being at the heart of designing care and support services.
Information about the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) - an amendment to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA).
Part of Person-centred care
An action planning tool to help managers and owners of care homes for older people to build a shared understanding of what personalisation means and plan practical improvements to make your care home more personalised.
Results 171 - 180 of 1269