A quick guide for managers and staff in care homes about helping to prevent infection
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 251 - 260 of 1319
This briefing explains that innovative, often small-scale models of health, social care and support for adults could be scaled up to benefit as many people as possible. The challenge is to make scaling up successful. The briefing is based on research conducted during the spring of 2017 by Nesta, SCIE, Shared Lives Plus and PPL. It includes real life stories.
Part of Prevention and wellbeing
With one million people aged 65 and over in the UK reporting they are often or always lonely, few would refute the need to tackle this issue. However, loneliness and social isolation are conditions that are difficult to identify, complex to address and hard to resolve. The evidence base for interventions to address the problems of loneliness and social isolation is emerging but inconclusive at this stage.
Part of Carers
Helping carers to stay in, or return to, employment
Part of Intermediate Care
We've published a briefing explaining that innovative, often small-scale models of health, social care and support for adults can be scaled up and grown to benefit as many people as possible.
SCIE Chair Paul Burstow's response the NHS Long Term Plan. Plus new SCIE trustees wanted. And training coming up: Safeguarding along with co-production.
Part of Care Act 2014
The aim of this guide is to build on the Care Act statutory guidance by outlining what local authorities need to consider when making an eligibility determination, using the national eligibility criteria. The guide summarises the process and key elements to consider in relation to making an eligibility determination for an adult requiring care. These include eligibility outcomes and criteria for both adults with care and support needs and carers with support needs. Useful resources, such as Skills for Care training material and a checklist of core duties for local authorities, are included.
Part of Dignity in care
Speaking to people respectfully and listening to what they have to say; ensuring clear dialogue between workers and services.
Results 251 - 260 of 1319