This film shows practical examples, of how people with care and support needs can be supported to have choice and control; and with that, dignity in care.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 481 - 490 of 1026
The General Social Care Council (GSCC) and Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) share a commitment to putting service users and carers at the heart of all aspects of social work and social care, including social work education. As part of this commitment, the GSCC and SCIE held a joint conference in November 2003, to promote and share different approaches to service user and carer involvement in social work education and training. This report provides a summary of the content of the conference, an analysis of lessons learnt and some suggestions and practical tips about putting this into practice effectively. We hope it will contribute to further developing knowledge and dissemination of good practice in this area.
A film that shows older people with high support needs who live in a care home. They talk about what is important in their lives and how they like to be treated.
A film that shows older people with high support needs who live in the community. They talk about what is important in their lives and how they like to be treated.
This guide is aimed at health and social care commissioners of home care services for older people with complex needs.
This film highlights the importance of commissioning good quality person-centred home care for older people with complex needs.
A film to encourage organisations to create a safe environment for staff to raise concerns openly as part of normal day-to-day practice .
This briefing summarises the seven challenges set out by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation’s (JRF) A Better Life programme which will help older people with high support needs achieve a better quality of life. It identifies key SCIE resources that will support people working in social care address each of the challenges in their practice and relationships with older people with high support needs and achieve the overall aim of supporting choice, control and quality in their lives. The challenges cover: encouraging positive images of ageing; taking a person centred approach to care; encouraging importance of meaningful relationships; treating older people as equal stakeholders in their care and support services; allowing older people with high support needs to make decisions; and being open to innovative and new approaches of providing care and support.
How a systems approach to children's safeguarding case reviews can improve learning.
Video promoting the SCIE guide 'Adult safeguarding for housing staff''. The video highlights the importance of inter-agency working between housing agencies and local authority social care staff to improve adult safeguarding practice. It also identifies some of the barriers to providing integrated services including: attitudes to other professionals, information sharing and thresholds.
Results 481 - 490 of 1026