Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 531 - 540 of 1031
Single Equality Scheme 2012 - 2015
Single Equality Scheme 2012 - 2015 - Easy read
This is a study of local authority decision-making in respect to long-term decision making and early intervention services. The study seeks to gain a better understanding of the factors that facilitate and hinder delivery of improved outcomes for children and families over the longer-term. This report synthesises the data gathered from: a literature review; 30 telephone interviews with senior officers and members in local authorities in England; and feedback from 49 subject matter experts attending five regional events.
This short report is an evidence overview of key pieces of UK research between 2007 and 2012, which focused on the implementation and uptake of personal budgets and direct payments for older people (including those with dementia) in England. It is not a systematic research review or an exhaustive examination of published research on the topic. Rather, it aims to give an overview of the main themes of research findings which help to identify the challenges and solutions to improving choice and control for older people (including those living with dementia) through the use of personal budgets and direct payments. Issues covered include: culture and system change; making choices and decisions; information and advice; direct payments and support services; understanding allowance and spend; budget management, monitoring and review; risk management and contingency planning; and older people living with dementia.
This film describes the benefits of reablement and the important contribution of families and carers.
This film discusses the business case for reablement, highlighting potential benefits from the perspective of health and social care commissioners.
This guide provides information and knowledge to support critical thinking and methods so that first line managers can apply, adapt and develop the material to their own particular work environment, current priorities and as an aid to their own continuing professional development.
This review of social care for older and disabled people shows that some services have been adversely affected by the current financial situation. There are signs though that local councils are putting effective measures in place to protect the most vulnerable people from the worst excesses of austerity.
Results 531 - 540 of 1031