A film about a young carer's experience of trying to get the support she needed.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 611 - 620 of 1027
Part of Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
A short drama in a residential school depicting scenes between a young man with severe learning disabilities, and both his key worker and social worker. The film introduces the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and emphasises the importance of consultation in best interests' decision-making.
A short film based on two case studies, supplemented by expert interviews which show simple and inexpensive approaches to meet peoples' accommodation and home care needs.
This report provides a guide for commissioners and health and wellbeing board members. It sets out the key policy and operational drivers for a sustainable development approach to health and social care design and delivery. This includes specific detail regarding climate change and other environmental issues, but also covers social and economic sustainability. Short case studies of good practice at a local level illustrate the gains for health, efficiency, risk management, reputation and legislative compliance. There are links to further information and resources.
A look at a day in the life of a person who uses services and her experiences as she attends a meeting
This film highlights the importance of meaningful participation of children and young people in service design and industry.
This film shows how people whose behaviour is described as challenging can be supported to live independently.
This film looks at how clinical commissioning groups led by GPs can work with social care to improve outcomes for people with long-term conditions.
This video shows the impact on children and their family when a parent is arrested and how social care services can help them.
SCIE Research briefing 40:End of life care for people with dementia living in care homes.
Results 611 - 620 of 1027