This film for health, mental health and social care managers, staff and people who use services shows how the quality of social work in an integrated mental health setting can be enhanced by complementing line management supervision with clinical and professional supervision.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 651 - 660 of 1204
Part of Dementia
This film for health and care staff, managers, people with dementia and those who know them, is about the importance of getting to know the person with dementia, learning about their memories and experience, understanding their history and their likes and dislikes.
This guide is about providing good care and support for people who want to die at home
Part of Reablement
A practice guide to support the commissioning and delivery of high-quality, cost-effective reablement services.
Service user and carer involvement in the supervision of health and social care workers: seminar report
This report presents findings from a seminar of service users and carers, health and social care practitioners and managers to discuss their different experiences of being involved in or having input into supervision. It forms part of a project on the delivery of supervision to health and social care workers in integrated settings. The report also covers the potential benefits of involvement; the potential difficulties with such involvement; ideas about how to increase such involvement.
This film for social care supervisors and staff is about how staff skills are enhanced through supervision for staff working in care homes for older people.
This film for social care supervisors and staff shows how the effective supervision of staff can improve the quality of care and outcomes for people in a supported living setting.
Part of e-Learning courses
Reablement is about helping people regain the ability to look after themselves following illness or injury. This e-learning resource explains what reablement is, how it differs from home care and intermediate care, and why and how the service should be delivered. The first module is for managers who are involved in the planning and commissioning of services. It looks at how reablement is developing across England, why it is important to offer the service and how to evaluate the success of the service. The second module is designed for care workers. It covers how to carry out a reablement assessment and agree goals and support plans for people, and developing better coping skills for dealing with the emotions that reablement brings out in others and in yourself.
Review of the impact of the Social Care Governance workbook (NI)
This workbook uses a social care governance framework to support practitioners, managers and teams to reflect on and evaluate their practice and to make improvements.
Results 651 - 660 of 1204