A film that shows older people with high support needs who live in a care home. They talk about what is important in their lives and how they like to be treated.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 681 - 690 of 1269
This video for older people care services and social workers, shows older people with high support needs who live in the community. They talk about what is important in their lives and how they like to be treated. It is based around the Joseph Rowntree Foundation’s A Better Life programme.
This guide is aimed at health and social care commissioners of home care services for older people with complex needs.
This film for commissioners of home care highlights the importance of commissioning good quality person-centred home care for older people with complex needs.
Part of Contact SCIE
A film for health, social care and housing staff and managers, to encourage organisations to create a safe environment for staff to raise concerns openly as part of normal day-to-day practice .
This briefing summarises the seven challenges set out by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation’s (JRF) A Better Life programme which will help older people with high support needs achieve a better quality of life. It identifies key SCIE resources that will support people working in social care address each of the challenges in their practice and relationships with older people with high support needs and achieve the overall aim of supporting choice, control and quality in their lives. The challenges cover: encouraging positive images of ageing; taking a person centred approach to care; encouraging importance of meaningful relationships; treating older people as equal stakeholders in their care and support services; allowing older people with high support needs to make decisions; and being open to innovative and new approaches of providing care and support.
How a systems approach to children's safeguarding case reviews can improve learning.
A promotional film from the Social Care Institute for Excellence's Social Care TV to show the work and lives of people involved in social care, through films on current issues affecting adults, children and families.
This film for Newly Qualified Social Workers, social work employers, supervisors, educators and students, highlights the importance of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE). Social workers talk about their experiences of the ASYE and the challenges and rewards of this important first year.
Annual report and financial statements
Results 681 - 690 of 1269