This film features two bereaved people who have both found that joining social groups has helped to reduce their feelings of isolation and brought some enjoyment back into their lives.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 681 - 690 of 1029
One of a set of three e-learning modules exploring parental substance misuse, its effects on children and parenting capacity and the implications for social work practitioners. This module covers: recognition and referral; engagement and assessment; supporting children and families; and roles and responsibilities of agencies. The resource includes audio, video and interactive technology.
Evidence about what hinders people with mental health problems from working in social care, and what helps them to gain and/or retain employment.
This report was commissioned by the Department of Health (DH) and examines the concept of self-neglect as it relates to adult safeguarding.
This At a glance briefing looks at ways of involving people who use services in adult safeguarding at an individual level and at a strategic level.
Part of Personalisation
Short film about commissioning services to support personalisation based on work in London
This introduction focuses on learning via the internet, often called online learning and is written specifically for small to medium sized organisations and businesses in the care sector. It is a useful resource for those who are new to elearning, as well as those who have some experience already.
This report is about involving people who use services in adult safeguarding. It looks at policies and practice, barriers and lessons learned from evaluating adult safeguarding processes.
How working with adult social care can help clinicial commissioning groups manage the care of people with long-term conditions
A guide for commissioners on how to manage short-notice and unplanned closures of care homes
Results 681 - 690 of 1029