This film looks at the realities behind the headlines about older people and their use of hospital beds, and considers what steps could be taken to help avoid unnecessary admissions.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 761 - 770 of 1278
This film explores the steps that care homes can take to reduce the need for hospital admissions amongst residents despite their complex health care needs and high levels of dependency.
This film presents the Wandsworth Community Ward initiative, and explores how it helps keep older people out of hospital through contributions from team members, strategic managers and service users and carers.
This resource explains how SCIE's work relates to the Care and Support White paper.
This film for social care commissioners, people who use services and carers, and user-led organisations focuses on the work of micro-providers and demonstrates how their approach can be very flexible, creative and responsive to individual needs and preferences, enabling a move away from traditional services.
This film for adult social care commissioners and staff showcases the work of Stockport Council and Pennine Care NHS Trust. It established a panel for discussing final support plans for people considered to be at risk as part of its risk enablement strategy for personal budgets and mental health.
In this video, people who use services and social care academics consider extracts from SCIE’s Social Care TV films to help understand quality and excellence in social care. The panel considers the quality of social care in different settings and with different people, to see how excellence can be achieved.
In this video, people who use services and social care academics consider the quality of care and support offered in care homes. The panel discusses how standards of care across the sector can be raised so that all older people can experience the quality of care demonstrated in this care home.
In this video, we see examples of excellence in supported living settings. It shows people with learning disabilities and mental health problems finding employment, developing skills, and becoming more independent, and looks at the role of social care staff in supporting people to improve their lives.
In this video, we see examples of excellence in support offered to older people, people with learning disabilities and people with physical disabilities in their own homes. Focus is on the relationship between staff and the people they support because getting that right is fundamental to excellent care.
Results 761 - 770 of 1278