This research briefing gives an overview of the evidence of the value of supervision in supporting social care and social work practice.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 771 - 780 of 1291
The briefing aims to give people who provide and use social care services an overview of research evidence about returning children from public care to live with a parent.
This At a glance guide explains the use of mediation and family group conferences (FGCs) for adults who are – or may be – at risk from abuse.
This review looks at key challenges to successful implementation of personal budgets for older people and has started to identify positive practice and solutions.
This resource is a tool for staff engaged in safeguarding adults at risk. It gives practical pointers to help people assess the risk of abuse, recognise it when it does occur and respond to it appropriately.
Video for health and care home managers and staff shows how care homes support their staff after the death of a resident. When a resident dies, there is a staff team meeting where people can speak openly about their feelings. Staff are helped to come to terms with the loss of people that they have cared for.
This video looks at an innovative scheme run by the South of Tyne and Wear Palliative Care Coordinating Centre from Marie Curie’s Newcastle Hospice. The Centre offers people at the end of life a coordinated health and care package and keeps everyone involved in their care fully informed.
A personalised approach gives people moving towards the end of life a voice and influence over their care. This video for health and care staff looks at how personalised care can be achieved through the Living Well tool, which involves creating a one page profile to record a person’s needs and wishes.
A resource for identifying and checking the communication and number skills care staff need to do their work.
This resource explains the use of mediation and family group conferences (FGCs) for adults who are – or may be – at risk from abuse.
Results 771 - 780 of 1291