This film for social care staff shows a social worker supporting a young man with autism with his transition to adult services, and a care worker in a day setting, discussing effective support for people with autism.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 841 - 850 of 1204
This film for social workers and social work lecturers and students focuses on the very rewarding, diverse but complex role of a social workers working in an adult’s services team. It also looks at the routes into social work.
The mental health and wellbeing of elders in black and minority ethnic communities: working together for mental wellbeing
This film for adults and mental health teams, social workers and managers shows how language and cultural barriers and lack of information can make it difficult to access services for the Chinese community in Barnet – and what is being done to address this.
This film for social care commissioners and staff focuses on Hertfordshire County Council Adult Services. It features Mari Stevenson who talks about her personal experiences of caring for her daughter who is diabetic and has Down’s syndrome. Hertfordshire has achieved Beacon status for its work with carers.
This film for care managers and workers who come into contact with asylum seekers and refugees is the story of Azeldin, a Libyan who came to Britain as an asylum seeker. The film shows work being done to support and advise asylum seekers and refugees.
This film for staff involved in serious case reviews and children’s services shows SCIE’s ‘systems approach’ for conducting case reviews of multi-agency safeguarding and child protection work. It can be used not only to learn from tragedies but also to facilitate learning from success.
This film for adult social services, health, and police shows the story of Steven Hoskin, a man who was tortured and murdered by people who targeted him because of his learning disabilities. It demonstrates that partnership between agencies and procedures for sharing information are vital to adult safeguarding.
This booklet covers all aspects of the hospital stay including how to prepare for the hospital visit, essential things to pack, what to expect from doctors, nurses, social workers and other professionals.
This film for children’s services and serious case review panels looks at the pilots of SCIE’s new systems approach for conducting case reviews of multi-agency safeguarding and child protection work. Care and probation staff describe what it was like taking part and how the experience has improved their practice.
Part of Personalisation
This video for social care commissioners and staff, people who use services and personal assistants shows Anne MacFarlane, an older disabled woman and disability rights campaigner. She talks about accessible transport, independent living and dignity. Personalisation is about being able to do the ordinary.
Results 841 - 850 of 1204