Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 921 - 930 of 1031
This discussion paper explains the latest legislation on direct payments and how it is meant to work. It also looks at why black and minority ethnic service users and carers are unable to fully embrace direct payments. Finally, it poses a number of questions that address ways in which direct payments services can be effective for black and minority ethnic service users and carers.
Guidance on parent-training and education programmes in the management of children with conduct disorders. Produced jointly by SCIE and the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
The paper aims to identify what is happening in the social care sector with the involvement of carers and the impact participation has had on service improvement. It complements Position paper 3: Has service user involvement made a difference to social care services?
This guide offers quick and easy access to practice knowledge about involving children and young people in developing social care. It covers key research findings; ideas from practice; details of relevant legislation, guidance and standards; and links to further information.
This knowledge review aims to identify best practice in teaching, learning and assessment of partnership in social work qualifying education, evaluation methods and examine how stakeholders are involved.
This report presents the results of an evaluation of the AgeInfo database, which is an information service provided by the Centre for Policy on Ageing and which is made available to the public at not cost through SCIE's own database Social Care Online - www.scie-socialcareonline.org.uk
A guide that to support social care professionals in assessing the mental health needs of older people.
This report is designed to provide a working example of 'qualitative synthesis' (a descriptive synthesis from qualitative studies) in the field of social care, specifically older people's views of hospital discharge. It focuses on older people and hospital discharge because of new policy developments and the existence of a high-quality systematic review that was relevant to the topic
SCIE Research briefings
This guide aims to offer creative and innovative examples of how the legislation on direct payments can successfully be applied to achieve positive outcomes for those who use them.
Results 921 - 930 of 1031
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?