This guide helps people in the health and social care sector who work with adults with autism to increase their knowledge and understanding of autism and improve access to social care services.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 1 - 8 of 8
Part of Named Social Worker
Sets out the findings from the six sites which have been part of the Named Social Work programme during the six months from October 2016 to March 2017.
This summary explains how services can improve access to care for people with autism and meet the requirements of the Department of Health's Autism Strategy.
This film for social workers and carers focuses on social worker Nicola. She introduces us to Caroline, who cares for her autistic, severely learning disabled son. Nicola demonstrates how considering the needs of both the service user and the carer can have a positive impact on the whole family.
This film for social care staff shows a social worker supporting a young man with autism with his transition to adult services, and a care worker in a day setting, discussing effective support for people with autism.
In this training video, co-produced with National Autistic Society and Research Autism, we see how Scott, a man with autism and learning disabilities, and Marie, a professor with Asperger’s Syndrome, learn to make sense of society, with the support of colleagues and family members.
Personalisation briefing: implications for people with autistic spectrum conditions and their family carers
Part of Personalisation
This At a Glance briefing examines the implications of the personalisation agenda for people with autistic spectrum conditions.
SCIE research briefing 32: access to social care and support for adults with autistic spectrum conditions (ASC)
SCIE Research briefings
Results 1 - 8 of 8