Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 11 - 18 of 18
This is NICE and SCIE’s formal guidance on improving the physical and emotional health and wellbeing of looked-after children and young people.
This guide is written for social care workers who want to prepare and support care experienced young people who choose to give interviews to the local or national media.
Learning together to safeguard children presents a 'systems' model of organisational learning that can be used across agencies involved in safeguarding and child protection work.
This guide summarises SCIE Report 19: Learning together to safeguard children: developing a multi-agency systems approach for case reviews. In it the key concepts of the model are explained before the process of putting them into practice is described
SCIE Research briefings
This knowledge review looks at the impact of foster care on foster children and families. It describes what knowledge is available, highlights the evidence that has emerged and draws practice points from the evidence.
This knowledge review looks at what types of knowledge SCIE should draw on and how to distinguish good quality knowledge in policy making and practice. This review underpins all of SCIE's research and publications and will also be useful for other researchers.
SCIE comments on the proposals set out in Care Matters.
Results 11 - 18 of 18
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?