Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 51 - 60 of 81
Part of e-Learning courses
This e-learning resource on Genitourinary health is one of 8 modules developed to help mental health professionals deal with aspects of sexual and reproductive health in the context of mental illness. The module explores common complaints and types of urinary problems, medically unexplained genitourinary health problems and helping the people you work with stay healthy.
Part of LGBTQI+ video stories
In this film for adult social services and health and social care commissioners and staff, we meet Alison, a lesbian with physical disabilities and mental health needs. We learn that training is key to enable good service provision and for social workers to feel confident in providing support for LGBT individuals.
An overview of research on mental health service transitions for young people. This covers the move from child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) to adults mental health services for young people with psychological, emotional or behavioural problems
A report into the experiences of older people and people with mental health problems in using personal budgets.
This briefing looks at the experiences of older people and people with mental health problems in using personal budgets.
This briefing looks at how senior managers can improve the health, wellbeing and life chances of parents with mental health problems and their families. Better joined-up working between services for adults with mental health problems and childrens services is essential to achieving this.
A guide to accompany SCIE's e-learning on older people and mental health.
This At a glance summary identifies what needs to change to improve service planning, delivery and practice to help improve the health, wellbeing and life chances of families affected by parental mental ill health.
This systematic map focuses on depression in older people from various black and minority ethnic (BME) communities in the UK.
SCIE Research briefings
Results 51 - 60 of 81
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?