A film that describes the different interventions that can help to prevent social isolation and promote well-being for older people.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 21 - 30 of 37
Evidence about what hinders people with mental health problems from working in social care, and what helps them to gain and/or retain employment.
This video is for health and care commissioners and staff and people at risk of falling. It shows preventive support that can be described as early intervention. People talk about how they are benefitting from the falls prevention service and exercise classes.
The mental health and wellbeing of elders in the black and minority ethnic community: promoting mental wellbeing
This film for health, care and voluntary staff explores some of the risk factors, such as poor housing, that can lead to poor mental health in BME communities. It focuses on early intervention and prevention, which can delay the need for more costly interventions.
This video shows how good communication with older people can improve safeguarding. In residential care it is important that staff take the time to talk to residents and to listen to their concerns. Two community projects demonstrate how people are encouraged to look out for each other and to report any concerns.
This video shows how training for people with learning disabilities can help them to protect themselves from abuse. They are helped to recognise it and to understand that they can and should say no. The training has been adapted for older people, people with physical disabilities and people who misuse substances.
This report shares findings from research, policy and practice on prevention in adult safeguarding and presents a wide range of approaches that can help prevent abuse.
Windows of opportunity: prevention and early intervention in dementia: a tool for commissioners and providers
This SCIE resource explores early intervention and prevention and offers a greater understanding of the journey through dementia.
Supporting black and minority ethnic older people's mental wellbeing: accounts of social care practice
Report looking at practitioners' accounts of their practice in promoting the wellbeing of older people from BME backgrounds the UK.
Learning together to safeguard children: developing a multi-agency systems approach for case reviews
Learning together to safeguard children presents a 'systems' model of organisational learning that can be used across agencies involved in safeguarding and child protection work.
Results 21 - 30 of 37