SCIE Research briefings are a summary of information on a particular topic to update practice at the health and social care interface
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 31 - 34 of 34
Reports on a roundtable event, jointly hosted by the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) and Madano, to discuss the impact of the Care Act on the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector and the new opportunities it offers. Issues discussed include: the opportunities and challenges of the prevention and well-being agenda, what the Care Act means for the type of services that the VCSE sector provides, what the Care Act means for commissioning practice, what enables greater engagement between the VCSE sector and other and the barriers to greater engagement. Key messages from the discussion include: the importance of co-production and design; for the VCSE sector to work together to develop a holistic response, rather than creating a competitive culture; for commissioners and providers to understand where preventative care 'fits'; cross-discipline working which focuses on outcomes; and the need for real cultural and behavioural change, with a willingness for commissioners and the VCSE sector to work together.
SCIE response to the HMT/DfES Joint policy review of children and young people.
SCIE response to the Welsh Assembly Government's proposals on their strategy for social services in Wales over the next decade.
Results 31 - 34 of 34