Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 11 - 20 of 59
Summary of how hospital trusts and councils' social care services can work together to identify and prevent child abuse and maltreatment
This film for children’s services, health and care staff and social workers, introduces the key issues and developments in child protection. It looks at how hospitals and local authorities can work together more effectively to protect children and identify and reduce the risk of maltreatment.
A short video on how hospital, council and police staff have protected children in Scunthorpe through effective partnership working
In this video for children’s services, health and police, hospital and council staff in Cardiff explain how they are working together to identify potential cases of maltreatment and to protect children.
This resource introduces the concepts of health inequalities and provide practical examples of the ways in which all of social work practice contributes to tackling health inequalities.
The Research mindedness learning resource has been produced to help students and practitioners of social care and social work make more effective and extensive use of research in their studies and in practice.
Evidence about what hinders people with mental health problems from working in social care, and what helps them to gain and/or retain employment.
This film for social workers and social work lecturers and students focuses on the very rewarding, diverse but complex role of a social workers working in an adult’s services team. It also looks at the routes into social work.
This video for social workers and students focuses on the very rewarding, diverse but complex role of a social worker within an Emergency Duty Team. Cases range from child protection to mental health assessments.
Part of e-Learning courses
This resource looks at what we mean by the term ‘challenging situations’ and explores in particular the communication difficulties that can be encountered when people feel guarded and defensive, perhaps because they feel threatened in some way. Using a case study you will work through some of the more advanced communication skills needed in these situations.
Results 11 - 20 of 59
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?