This film focuses on the very rewarding, diverse but complex role of a social workers working in an adult’s services team.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 11 - 20 of 26
This film focuses on the very rewarding but complex role of a social worker within an Emergency Duty Team.
The Social Work Practice pilot sites are located in Birmingham, Lambeth, North East Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Suffolk and Surrey. They will be smaller than local authorities which should allow them to be more responsive in their decision making.
SCIE research briefing 33: the contribution of social work and social care to the reduction of health inequalities: four case studies
This briefing argues that support given as social care can help improve health and reduce health disadvantage. Improving access to social care interventions is therefore important to any strategy for reducing health inequality.
SCIE Research briefings
A guide for those using SCIE's social work and e-learning resources in their teaching.
This report presents the results of an evaluation of the AgeInfo database, which is an information service provided by the Centre for Policy on Ageing and which is made available to the public at not cost through SCIE's own database Social Care Online - www.scie-socialcareonline.org.uk
This report is intended to influence policy about the future and funding of social care research."
This knowledge review looks at the use of research by social care staff and how it can be promoted to improve social care practice. It describes what knowledge is available, highlights the evidence that has emerged and draws practice points from the evidence.
This report looks at what contribution ESRC research programmes make, and might make, to the knowledge base for social work and social care.
Results 11 - 20 of 26