Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 1 - 10 of 17
Part of Care workers: building the future social care workforce
This report presents the findings of a scoping study into workforce readiness, recruitment and progression in the social care sector, with a specific focus on East London. The research was carried out by SCIE and supported by the JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
Part of Care providers – improvement support
An independent evaluation of a Care Assistant Development Programme (CADP) designed to develop senior carers into nursing assistants in HC-One care homes.
This film for Newly Qualified Social Workers, social work employers, supervisors, educators and students, highlights the importance of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE). Social workers talk about their experiences of the ASYE and the challenges and rewards of this important first year.
GP services for older people: a guide for care home managers. This guide supports partnership working between care home staff and GPs to improve access for residents to good medical services.
This film for social care supervisors and staff is about how staff skills are enhanced through supervision for staff working in care homes for older people.
Review of the impact of the Social Care Governance workbook (NI)
This workbook uses a social care governance framework to support practitioners, managers and teams to reflect on and evaluate their practice and to make improvements.
The mental health and wellbeing of children and adults in families where a parent has a mental health problem are closely linked. Not all families need health and social care services. However, those that do often struggle to get accessible and effective support that addresses children’s needs and recognises the parental responsibilities of many adults with mental health problems.
SCIE has produced Parental Mental Health interim and final evaluation reports and this At a glance briefing summarises what the
implementation sites did, and the lessons learned.
This introduction focuses on learning via the internet, often called online learning and is written specifically for small to medium sized organisations and businesses in the care sector. It is a useful resource for those who are new to elearning, as well as those who have some experience already.
Results 1 - 10 of 17
View all our free e-learning resources
View all our free Social Care TV videos
CPD accredited training. Book an open course, or ask about tailored training
SCIE consultants can help you review, plan and deliver improvements
Visit Social Care Online, the UK’s largest database of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
What do you think about SCIE's work?