Information, guidance, and accredited training for care and health staff to support, protect and empower people who may lack capacity.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 11 - 20 of 1554
Part of Safeguarding children
18 quality markers for case reviews and Serious Case Reviews (SCRs). Covering the whole process, the Quality Markers provide a consistent and robust approach to SCRs. They are based predominantly on established principles of effective reviews / investigation as well as SCR practice experience and expertise, and ethical considerations.
This website provides information about the Care Leavers stories project, an initiative which enabled care experienced people to record their life stories on digital video. The website provides access to the 17 interviews conducted as part of the project, where people tell in their own words what it is really like to grow up in children’s homes and foster care and then make their way in the world. The stories are between 25 minutes to 3 hours long and cover the interviewee’s whole life with a focus on their care experience. Full and summary versions of interviews are available with transcripts. The interviews were conducted by specially trained young people, who have also been through the care system The website also contains two short videos summarising the main messages and themes from all the stories: journeys through the care system; and reflections on being in care. A video also describes how the project was developed. The project was funded by the Heritage Lottery fund and developed by SCIE in partnership with the British Library.
Films on social care issues, from the perspectives of professionals and people using services. Ideal for training.
The UK's most complete range of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
Helping all social workers in England to develop their digital, data and technology capabilities.
A digital home for the Northern Ireland social work and social care community to share, celebrate and promote local good practice.
The development of preventative approaches and those which promote independence and wellbeing have gained importance since the implementation of the Care Act 2014. Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is also central to the vision of the NHS Five Year Forward View. SCIE’s resource aims to inform the case for commissioning prevention services in adult social care through highlighting examples of good practice across England.
A practical online resource to support the planning, commissioning and delivery of coordinated person-centred care.
Results 11 - 20 of 1554