Films on social care issues, from the perspectives of professionals and people using services. Ideal for training.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 11 - 20 of 1319
The UK's most complete range of information and research on all aspects of social care and social work.
This website provides information about the Care Leavers stories project, an initiative which enabled care experienced people to record their life stories on digital video. The website provides access to the 17 interviews conducted as part of the project, where people tell in their own words what it is really like to grow up in children’s homes and foster care and then make their way in the world. The stories are between 25 minutes to 3 hours long and cover the interviewee’s whole life with a focus on their care experience. Full and summary versions of interviews are available with transcripts. The interviews were conducted by specially trained young people, who have also been through the care system The website also contains two short videos summarising the main messages and themes from all the stories: journeys through the care system; and reflections on being in care. A video also describes how the project was developed. The project was funded by the Heritage Lottery fund and developed by SCIE in partnership with the British Library.
Part of Safeguarding children
Briefings intended to support managers, senior managers and practitioners by Identifying difficult issues in multi-agency safeguarding work, focusing on inter-professional communication and decision making, and exploring why these issues arise, and therefore how they might be addressed.
SCIE's consultancy and improvement support to help care, health and other relevant organisations meet the practical challenges they face.
The MCA Directory raises awareness about the MCA, including the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Find useful information and tools to help understand or implement it. Also links to informative blogs and to the Social Care Online database of research and journals.
Having a named social worker can contribute to people with learning disabilities, autism or mental health needs achieving better outcomes.
The development of preventative approaches and those which promote independence and wellbeing have gained importance since the implementation of the Care Act 2014. Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is also central to the vision of the NHS Five Year Forward View. SCIE’s resource aims to inform the case for commissioning prevention services in adult social care through highlighting examples of good practice across England.
Part of e-Learning courses
This e-learning programme helps frontline social workers understand the principles and practice of knowledge management, as well as organise and manage their knowledge and information as effectively as possible.
Three reports defining excellence in adult social care services in England.
Results 11 - 20 of 1319