The development of preventative approaches and those which promote independence and wellbeing have gained importance since the implementation of the Care Act 2014. Prevention and encouraging people to be more proactive about their health and wellbeing is also central to the vision of the NHS Five Year Forward View. SCIE’s resource aims to inform the case for commissioning prevention services in adult social care through highlighting examples of good practice across England.
Find SCIE resources and services
You can find our resources and services by:
- A-Z subject topic: Select a letter (above) to see a list of social and health care subject topics. Choose your topic to produce a list of SCIE resources on that subject.
- geographical location: Select the geographical area covered (left). For example, if you are looking for resources that specifically refer to policy in Northern Ireland, select Norther Ireland.
- resource type: Select a resource type (left). For example, if you are looking for a detailed guide - select guide
- search box: Use the search box at the top of the web page. Enter any term for a freetext search. This will show you all the pages where this term appears - including information from our press releases and articles, not just from our resources.
- SCIE resources list: See a list of our current featured resources below.
Featured resources Open
Results 21 - 30 of 1755
Helping all social workers in England to develop their digital, data and technology capabilities.
Access a range of SCIE resources surrounding reablement.
A practical online resource to support the planning, commissioning and delivery of coordinated person-centred care.
Part of Safeguarding children
Briefings intended to support managers, senior managers and practitioners by Identifying difficult issues in multi-agency safeguarding work, focusing on inter-professional communication and decision making, and exploring why these issues arise, and therefore how they might be addressed.
MCA Forum works with stakeholders from health and social care, together with those from other sectors to improve implementation of the MCA.
A suite of 12 resources which includes short films, reports, at a glance summaries and tools on Independent Mental Health Advocacy. The resources aim to raise awareness and understanding of the IMHA role amongst service users and mental health staff; improve access IMHA, help providing an understand what a good service looks like, and how outcomes can be measured. The resources have been produced by the Social Care Institute for Excellence in partnership with The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) in Preston.
These resources describe how strengths-based (or asset-based) approaches (SBAs) work in a variety of interventions and settings and provides information on how to enable and implement SBAs. These approaches focus on individuals’ strengths.
Guidance, advice and resources for staff working with cared for children and care leavers.
Results 21 - 30 of 1755