Resources on eligibility determination for the Care Act
As mentioned, if it appears that an individual may be eligible for NHS continuing healthcare, local authorities must notify the relevant clinical commissioning group. See National framework for NHS continuing healthcare and NHS funded nursing care for more information.
- Local authorities and clinical commissioning groups in each local area must agree a local disputes resolution process to resolve cases where there is a dispute between them about:
- eligibility for NHS continuing healthcare
- the apportionment of funding in joint-funded care and support packages
- the operation of refunds guidance.
- For more information on charging and financial assessment, see guidance from the Local Government Association.
Learning resources and training
- Skills for Care has developed materials with The College of Social Work to support the adult social care workforce in the changes. This includes topics on identifying needs.