Mental Health Social Care Leadership Symposium - March 2007
On March 12 SCIE and National Social Inclusion Programme (NSIP) facilitated a symposium focussing on the theme of Social Work and Social Care Leadership in Mental Health Trusts. In the morning delegates - nominated by CSIP Regional Social Care Change Agents - joined one of 4 themed workshops. These included discussion on: the Mental Health Act Amendments; the White Paper, 'Our Health, Our Care, Our Say' and the Local Authority White Paper; interface working with related services; and the National Social Inclusion Programme.
Care Services Improvement Partnership representation was present and there were regional discussions on leadership of Social work and Social Inclusion implementation , in the afternoon. There were 3 key note speeches from David Morris, NSIP, John Dixon, Director of Social Services, West Sussex and Hari Sewell, Director of Social Care, Camden and Islington.
Presentations form the key note speeches and reports from the sessions can be found below.
Key note speeches
- National Social Inclusion Programme (153kb PDF file) Dr Dr David Morris, Programme Director, NSIP.
- Leading the Social Care Contribution to socially inclusive outcomes for mental health service users (725kb PDF file) John Dixon, Director of Adults'Services, West Sussex and Co-Chair, ADSS Disabilities Committee.
- Role Definition/Governance (28kb PDF file) Hari Sewell, Director of Social Care, Camden and Islington.
Reports from the sessions
- Key themes of the day (36kb PDF file) Tammy Tawadros, Facilitator
- Implementing the White Papers (22kb PDF file) Colin Williams, North East Social Care Change Agent
- Social inclusion (30kb PDF file) Philip Jones, Practice Development Manager, SCIE
- Improving joint and partnership working with local authority statutory services: children and families, learning disabilities, physical disabilities, older people's and housing services (35kb PDF file) Ruth Allen, Social Care Advisor, CSIP
- Eastern and East Midlands regions (44kb PDF file) Ruth Allen, Social Care Advisor, CSIP
- London and South East regions (45kb PDF file) Philip Jones, Practice Development Manager, SCIE
- North West, North East, Yorkshire and Humber regions (38kb PDF file) Colin Williams, North East Social Care Change Agent