Better Care Fund support and guidance
Masterclasses, webinars, events and planning guidance for local integration and BCF leads
Delivering integrated care webinars
Our webinars, held in April and May 2017, were based on the Delivering integrated care masterclasses held across England in February and March 2017.
Each webinar has included:
- a short presentation by a subject expert
- examples and case studies from across the country
- Q&A session where you can post your own questions and comments to the speakers, and to other participants.
You can access recordings of the webinars below.
Sharing responsibilities for transfers of care, with Hannah Miller, SCIE Associate and Wendy Lippmann, Transformation Manager, Adult Social Care, Health and Public Protection, Nottinghamshire County Council
21 April 2017, 11am–12pm
This webinar looks at:
- Who should share responsibility for transfers of care?
- What gets in the way of taking shared responsibility?
- How do we achieve whole system ownership of transfers of care?
- Useful indicators to understand transfers of care
- Practical examples, including Discharge to Assess programmes.
View a recording of Sharing responsibilities for transfers of care
Measuring success, with Lisa Larsen, PPL and Rachel-Louise Hughes, Better Care Fund Coordinator, West Sussex Better Care Fund
26 April 2017, 3-4pm
This webinar looks at:
- How to define and measure success at a system level
- Frameworks, tips and tools
- How to use the results and establish a learning culture
- Practical examples from across the country.
View a recording of the webinar 'Measuring success'
Sharing risks and benefits, with Joe Nguyen, PPL
28 April 2017, 11am–12pm
This webinar looks at:
- Why is risk and benefit sharing important?
- Simple, two-part framework to develop risk and benefit share agreement
- 5 key ingredients for successful risk and benefit sharing
- Examples and models from across the country
View a recording of the webinar: Sharing risks and benefits
Data Sharing with Rebecca Nutting, NHS England, Mark Golledge, Local Government Association and Helena Ashton, South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit
Wednesday 10 May 2017, 3.30-4.30pm
This webinar looks at:
- Why is information sharing important in integrated care?
- What are the key things to consider before sharing information?
- Helping you understand your purposes for data sharing
- What examples are there from around the country of how data sharing is supporting integrated care?
- Learning and advice from practical data sharing projects in the South West
Download the presentation: Data sharing webinar
View a recording of the webinar: Data sharing
Delivering integrated care masterclass materials
Better Care Fund and integration leads from local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups attended a series of masterclasses in February and March 2017.
Presentation and materials from the events, which were organised by SCIE and PPL on behalf of NHS England are available here. These materials are consolidated from all events.
Introductions and Integrated care: the journey
Introduction to the Masterclasses by the Better Care Support Team, plus presentation by Prof Corrigan on the benefits, policy context and future direction of integrated care
Integration and Better Care Fund 2017-19
Briefing by Matthew West, Senior Programme Lead and Michael Barnes, Lead Analyst, Better Care Support Team (from Leeds and St Helens’ masterclasses)
Sharing responsibility for transfers of care
Presentation, handouts, models and notes from discussion at workshop led by Hannah Miller, SCIE Associate
Presentation, handouts, models and notes from discussion at workshop led by Lisa Larsen, PPL
Sharing risks and benefits
Presentation, handouts, models and notes from discussion at workshop led by Joe Nyguen, PPL
West Midlands Regional networking event, 27 April 2017
North East Lincolnshire's integration journey
Beverley Compton, director of adult services on opportunities and challenges. “Relationship building is important to successful integration.”
BCF Total Transformation presentation
SCIE’s Ewan King on how transformed and integrated health and care could improve outcomes and cost-effectiveness.
Making effective use of RightCare data sets
Focusing on the key areas that will maximise value for service users, the population and the tax payer. “Everyone can play their part.”
Wolverhampton Linking up for Wraparound healthcare
A presentation from the City of Wolverhampton Council, Fibonacci and Wolverhampton Clinical Commissioning Group.
North Regional Event, Thursday 5 October 2017
Matthew West from Better Care Support Team – ‘Pooled Budgets: national position, drivers, features and other considerations’
Bev Compton –Director of Adult Services- and Emma Overton – Care Act Implementation Lead- ‘Collaboration for health and care integration in North East Lincolnshire’
- The governance/financial arrangements of a Pooled Budget (NHS and LA) – can they be complimentary?
- The journey to a true Pooled Budget, setting up and overcoming barriers
Thematic National Workshop: Midlands, 28 November
Intermediate Care, Zeph Curwen and Stevan Blezard
Zepth Curwen –Urgent Care/Intermediate Tier Manager – and Steven Blezard –Assistant Director of Operations- ‘Welcome to Heywood, Middleton,
Rochdale Care organisation and integrated care system’ and ‘Towards Integration and the Development of a Local Care Organisation’
Multi-disciplinary Teams, Robin Miller
Robin Miller, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham Integrated Care Academy, ‘Multi-Disciplinary Teams: Making them work’
Thematic National Workshop: South, 6 December
Intermediate Care, Jane Townson
Jane Townson, Chief Executive at Somerset Care Group, ‘Collaboration between Somerset Care Yeovil District Hospital: Oct 2015 - present’ and ‘Care Hotels in The Netherlands’
Multi-disciplinary Teams, Phil Wrigley, Henry Leak and George Katsunde
Phil Wrigley – Integrated Care Commissioning Manager, NHS Islington CCG - ‘Islington Integrated Networks’ and ‘West London CCG and My Care My Way’ by Henry Leak and George Katsunde - Integrated Care Managers, West London CCG.
- ‘How-to’ guides to provide practical steps to progress implementation These guides are currently being updated by SCIE and PPL on behalf of NHS England. The updates are based on information from the masterclasses, plus recent policy and evidence.
- Webinars on key topics (available to listen to again online)
- The Better Care Exchange – an online interactive space for knowledge sharing and collaboration. Currently being redeveloped
- Better Care ebulletin: register for updates from the Better Care Support Team at NHS England. Email England.BetterCareSupport@nhs.net
The Better Care Support Team
The Better Care Support Team is made up of NHS England, Department of Health, Department for Communities and Local Government, and the Local Government Association
For more information visit NHS England Better Care Fund Planning.
If you have any queries, please contact the Better Care Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.