Reporting safeguarding concerns about tenants

Guidance for frontline housing staff and contractors

Reporting concerns is known as ‘raising an alert’. When raising an alert you should give as much information about your concern as possible. The local authority must take alerts seriously and consider whether to initiate adult safeguarding procedures. If it decides not to do so, it should advise on alternative courses of action. You should be supported by your manager if you feel that the local authority has failed to respond appropriately.

What do you need to know?

What should you do if abuse is suspected?

What should you do if a tenant discloses abuse?


Action on Elder Abuse

Women’s Aid