Webinar recording: CPD learning and reflection – breaking down the barriers
Social Work England is now the social workers’ specialist regulator. The way that social workers renew their registration has changed, as well as how social workers will demonstrate their professional development.
To meet the requirements to renew their registration, social workers are required to record at least one piece of continuing personal development – CPD – in their online account before 30 November 2020.
CPD is the reflection that social workers undertake to consider what impact learning has had on their practice, and not just about what training social workers have received. The SCIE and Social Work England webinar explores how social workers are developing professionally and, therefore, logging the learning and its impact following Social Work England’s CPD requirements.
Social workers who wish to continue to practice beyond the end of November must now apply to Social Work England to renew their registration, every year between 1 September and 30 November.
- Carmen Colomina (Registered Social Worker) – Practice Development Manager at SCIE
- Philippa Geddes (Registered Social Worker) – Regional Engagement Lead for the South West at Social Work England
- Ahmina Akhtar – Regional Engagement Lead/Social Worker (Yorkshire and the Humber) at Social Work England
- Richard Orson – Principal Social Worker for Adults, Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Service at North Somerset Council
- Gemma Laister – Principal Social Worker, Adult Social Care – Hull City Council.
Webinar: CPD learning and reflection - breaking down the barriers
This webinar explores how social workers are developing professionally.