Practice Leads - Preparing Care Act Champions course
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/26.
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements. Contact us to arrange an in-house customised course.
- Understanding the Care Act Champion role
- Content of the Care Act 2014
- Care Act 2014 resources: Act, Regulations, statutory guidance, other sources and organisations
- Champions skills:
- Leadership (including confidence)
- Promoting learning and professional development
- Identify and maximise learning styles/means
- Transferring theory into practice
- To have a clear understanding of the content of the Care Act 2014 and how it is structured and what areas are most relevant to which roles
- To be familiar with Care Act resources, publications, newsletters, good practice, etc.
- To fully understand the role of the Care Act champion
- To understand and develop champions’ skills
- To be capable of identifying the best means to transfer given content to staff depending on content, role, etc.
- To have the ability to transfer theoretical knowledge into practice
- 4 hrs + 4 hrs