Child neglect: e-learning course and optional workshop
Neglect can seriously harm children and young people’s wellbeing and development. Take our online learning course with accompanying workshop to discover what to do when presented with cases of neglect.
We offer the following courses to give multi-agency training and support around child neglect.
Organisations can choose to purchase the e-learning course on its own, but you will benefit more from the combined offer as the workshop brings together practitioners from across all of the agencies involved in child neglect cases.
The e-learning course has four sections:
- Understanding child neglect as a concept and how this affects your professional response
- The systems approach
- Neglect from a systems perspective.
Learning resource outline
The workshop is a one-day event and covers:
- reflections or issues raised by the e-learning course
- scenarios to support discussion and decision
- guidance and feedback from leading practitioners
This useful e-learning course will help professionals working with children, including social care, nursery staff and others to:
- consider how your personal ‘framing’ of neglect affects your professional response
- develop an understanding of a ‘systems approach’ to professional child safeguarding practice
- explore common systems issues that are relevant to child neglect
The workshop allows attendees to:
- consider and discuss common dilemmas and challenges
- foster professional judgement and confidence
- identify barriers to effective multi-agency working
Who should attend?
Any staff who are involved with identifying the neglect, including:
- children’s social care staff and social workers
- health workers, health visitors, school nurses, paediatricians
- early years professionals including nursery nurses, children’s centre staff, playgroup and crèche staff
- voluntary sector workers e.g. family support or outreach workers
- criminal justice staff and police working at early intervention stage
- specialist workers (domestic abuse, drug and alcohol)
- adult services staff
Child Neglect – e-learning and workshop includes a one-day event with the e-learning modules to be completed beforehand.