Strengths-based approach training course
A strengths-based approach to care is a collaborative process that draws upon an individual’s strengths and assets and those within their community. Learn how to put this approach into practice and maximise an individual’s independence.
This training course shows care and support staff what a strengths-based approach is, the benefits and how to apply it.:
Course content includes:
- what a strengths-based approach is and what it isn’t
- an overview of co-production and how a strengths-based approach, co-production and wellbeing fit together
- tools and techniques, including asking the ‘right’ questions, three conversations, sign of safety, ROPES and strength mapping
- strengths-based approaches on an everyday basis.
Explore a strengths-based approach to care and support. Our CPD-accredited course will teach participants:
- improved knowledge and understanding of the strengths-based approach and how it relates to individual wellbeing and co-production
- knowledge and understanding of the strengths-based approach, tools and techniques. It will also strengthen the ability to identify and indicate which approach should be applied effectively in each intervention
- how to enable opportunities for reflection and skills development in using a strengths-based approach.
Who should attend?
Social care and health staff working in local authorities, organisations providing care and support, voluntary organisations, housing and children’s services . This includes social workers, social work team leaders, frontline care staff, registered managers, occupational therapists, nurses, clinical staff, housing officers, carers.
We would recommend the strengths-based approach course be delivered over two half days, which will include practical exercises between sessions. Alternatively it can also be delivered as a one day course.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no : 60036/11.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.