SCIE’s Learning Together model for Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SARs) training course
CPD-accredited training on the systems approach to safeguarding adults reviews, based on SCIE’s Learning Together model. Learning Together supports learning and improvement in safeguarding adults and children for multi-agency staff.
CPD-accredited course content includes:
- an introduction to systems thinking and implications for case reviews
- the history of SCIE’s Learning Together model
- Learning Together’s core principles (“methodological heart”) and analytic tools
- an overview of the process
- scoping a proportionate review
- exercise imagining what taking part is like for family, staff and senior managers and implications for facilitating the process
- fit with statutory requirements and spirit of the Act
- the end product – responses to a sample finding
- feedback from commissioners, participants and reviewers
- capacity building options
- gain an understanding of the theory underpinning the Learning Together model
- understand the ‘methodological heart’ of the model, and how this affects the case review process
- be confident of fit with statutory requirements
- get an overview of the process and practicalities of arranging and running a review
- comprehend the rationale for the way findings are presented.
Who should attend?
The course is specifically of value to Safeguarding Adults Boards.
SCIE’s Learning Together model for Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SARs) is delivered over one day
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/23
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.