Lessons from the implementation of Family Valued in Darlington
Darlington Borough Council (DBC) was a ‘trailblazer’ for Family Valued and began working with Leeds City Council in 2019.
DBC has shared its experience of implementing Family Valued, its impact on social work practice, and what this has meant for children and families.
Report: Lessons from the implementation of Family Valued in Darlington
Lessons from the implementation of Family Valued in Darlington describes how the change programme was managed and what it has achieved so far. Lessons have been captured in a ‘Q&A’ format and divided into a series of thematic areas including programme management, impact on practice and Family Group Conferencing.
Key questions include:
- What convinced you that Family Valued was what you were looking for in Darlington?
- What have been the benefits of implementing Family Valued?
- What is the role for leaders in making the programme a success?
- How did the Family Valued help you shift focus to quality of practice?
- What are you doing to ensure the transformation is sustainable?