Recorded in April 2022
Supporting people to live fulfilling lives – next steps in the development of named social worker approaches
In 2018, the Department of Health and Social Care piloted the Named Social Worker Model in six areas, with support from SCIE and Innovation Unit. Named social workers or named worker approaches have been defined as being:
- Dedicated caseworkers
- Main points of contact for people and their families
- Professional voices of challenge across the system.
The evaluation found that not only did this approach greatly improve outcomes for people, but was also delivered cost effectively.
As we come out of the worst of Covid, and revisit how we build strengths based and person-centred approaches to care, there has been renewed interest in the named worker model.
This webinar looks at how the named social worker, and named worker models, have been developed across adult social care, and the practicalities of making this happen.
- Ewan King, Deputy Chief Executive SCIE – Chair
- Person who has had a named worker, TBC
- Tiffany Adonis-French, Head of Service, London Borough of Brent
- Georgina Diba, Assistant Director, London Borough of Hackney
- Elaina Quesada, Service Director, Buckinghamshire Council
- Lyn Romeo, Chief Social Worker Adults, Department for Health and Social Care.
View the webinar recording
Thursday 28 April 2022, 11:00