Webinar: Exploring the safeguarding culture within faith-based organisations
Culture is one of the key aspects of safeguarding that must be right, for our efforts to work well in protecting children and adults from harm. This webinar explores the principles of what a good safeguarding culture looks like and prompts reflection on how well this works within your faith-based organisation.
The session is run by Simon Bayliss, Senior Practice Development Manager at SCIE.
The webinar covers the following aspects:
- the rationale for safeguarding and why it is everybody’s business
- what is meant by a safeguarding culture and what we’ve learned about its importance
- how does a good culture start, and what is the journey to achieving it
- the importance of being outward-facing
- a high vs. a low-reporting culture
- how we better understand and monitor the culture in our organisation.