Recorded 04 December 2023
Prevention is crucial to improving the health of the whole population, and helping secure the health and social care services we all value and rely on. Prevention should not be seen as a distraction from the immediate priorities. Indeed, it is the key to sustainable solutions to those immediate performance challenges. There is an appetite to grasp the challenge of shifting our focus to prevention. It acts as the glue that binds all partners in Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
The objectives of the webinar are to:
- Engage with ICSs and other health and social care leaders on the significance and benefits of prioritising prevention and shifting resource upstream.
- Share insights into the barriers and enablers for ICS partners to prioritise preventive services to help people stay healthy and moderate demand on services.
- To hear some first-hand examples of the work and achievements of systems.
- Chair – Dr Dan Alton GP, Chief Clinical Information Officer and National Clinical Advisor in Population Health Management, NHS England
- Sarah Price, new Director for Public Health, NHS England
- Dr Priya Kumar, Transformational Clinical Lead for the Connected Care Programme, Frimley ICB and GP Partner and Health Inequalities Lead, Kumar Medical Centre (Frimley ICS)
- Dr Rowan Pritchard Jones, Executive Medical Director Cheshire and Merseyside ICB (Cheshire and Merseyside ICS)