Preventing abuse and neglect of adults at risk
Preventing abuse and neglect should occur in the context of person-centred support and personalisation, empowering individuals to make choices and supporting them to manage risks. This should lead to the services that people want to use, with the potential to prevent crises from developing.
SCIE has developed the following resources to support frontline care and social workers and all those involved in the work of preventing abuse and neglect of adults at risk.
- Safeguarding and quality in commissioning care homes
- Commissioning care homes: common safeguarding challenges
- Video: Teaching people to protect themselves
- Video: Looking out for each other to prevent abuse
- Video: Helping people to protect themselves from crime
- Report: Prevention in adult safeguarding