Implementing the Carers (Equal Opportunities) Act 2004
The author of this guide is Elaine Cass, Practice Development Manager at SCIE.
SCIE would like to thank all those who contributed to this guide. Particular thanks go to:
- Association of Directors of Social Services Carers Group - for identifying subject areas
- Tim Anfilogoff, Hertfordshire County Council
- Graham Burt. Sunderland City Council
- Dave Clarke and Mark Robertson, Carers UK
- Jenny Cooke, carer and member of Sunderland Carers' Centre
- Anne Gillman, Kent County Council
- Dianne King, London Black Carers Workers Network
- Emma Pateman, Devon County Council
- Jean Willson, carer and member of the National Task Force
- Alex Fox, Princess Royal Trust for Carers - for help with the section on young carers
- Peter Tihanyi, Princess Royal Trust for Carers
- Howard Teague, Social Services Inspectorate for Wales - for a Welsh perspective.
For additional contributions and practice examples, we would like to thank:
- Shirley Bowen and Denise Hart, Crossroads
- Theresa Butler, St Helen's Council
- Ailsa Martin, Sunderland Carers' Centre
- Helen McHugh, Bolton Carers Support
- Jill Pettit, Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council
- Alison Roe, West Berkshire Council
- Jane Rosenburg, West Sussex Carers Network
- Carole Sansom, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Sharon Schillerstrom, Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Karen Timperley, London Borough of Camden
- Alan Vanstone, City and Guilds.
Thanks also go to David Ellis, Rob Howells and Enid Levin at SCIE.