National Co-production Week
Sharing Power: 1-5 July 2019
For the fourth year running, Co-production Week will celebrate the benefits of co-production, share good practice and highlight the contribution of people who use services and carers to developing better public services.
Co-production is about working in equal partnership with people using services, carers, families and citizens. Co-production offers the chance to transform social care and health provision to a model that that offers people real choice and control.
This year we want to talk about power- how this needs to be shared more equally with people who use services and carers.
We'll show, with practical examples, live guests and innovative seminars how more equal partnerships with people who use services and carers can be achieved. After all, it is only when everyone’s contribution is valued equally and power is shared that meaningful co-production can happen.
Last year we wanted to break down the barriers to co-production. View full one hour webinar
This year we want people to tweet, email and blog about their experiences of power with examples of when this has been shared- what did this look like and what was the outcome? Tweet using #coproweek or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s happening in July 2019?
We are asking organisations and individuals to:
- hold events about co-production
- tell us about your event and we’ll promote it
- tell us about examples of good practice in co-production. We will include the best ones in our co-production guide’s ‘practice examples’ section
- tweet about co-production using the hashtag #coproweek
- contribute to the Co-production Week blog. Here’s the 2018 version.
SCIE's Co-production Week activities
- The fourth annual Co-production Festival is on Thursday 4th July in London. Full details coming soon
- Co-production taster sessions, webinars and more
SCIE has a long history of being at the forefront of co-production. To find out more about SCIE’s work around co-production see:
- Co-production in social care: What it is and how to do it (Guide)
- Co-production training
- Co-production Network
- Enquire about tailored co-production training or consultancy support
For further information about National Co-production Week and support with co-production in your organisation please email email@example.com