National Co-production Week – Nothing about us without us
2-6 July 2018
For the third year running, Co-production Week will celebrate the benefits of co-production, share good practice and highlight the contribution of people who use services and carers to developing better public services.
Co-production is about working in equal partnership with people using services, carers, families and citizens. Co-production offers the chance to transform social care and health provision to a model that that offers people real choice and control.
Co-production Week 2017 webinar recording
What’s happening in July 2018?
As in 2016 and 2017, we are asking organisations and individuals to:
- hold events about co-production
- tell us about your event and we can promote it
- tell us about examples of good practice in co-production. We will include the best ones in our co-production guide’s practice examples section
- tweet about co-production using the hashtag #coproweek
- contribute to the Co-production Week blog. Here’s the 2017 version.
Co-production commitments in 2017
For Co-production Week 2017 we received 50 commitments from organisations and individuals, promising to do at least one thing to support co-production. For organisations, it was anything from doing a new co-production plan to sending some staff on a training course to find out about co-production. Individuals looked at how they can do more co-production in their work.
View the commitments pledged
Commitments for 2017
SCIE's Co-production Week activities
- Third annual Co-production Festival on 4 July in London. Last year’s featured the well-known comedian Francesca Martinez. The festival is for members of SCIE's Co-production Network but there are a very limited number of places for guests (contact us if you are interested).
- Many co-production events - see full list from 2017
- Co-production training, a webinar, a Twitter event and many other activities.
SCIE has a long history of being at the forefront of co-production. To find out more about SCIE’s work around co-production see:
- Co-production in social care: What it is and how to do it (Guide)
- Co-production training
- Co-production Network
- Enquire about tailored co-production training or consultancy support
For further information about National Co-production Week and support with co-production in your organisation please email email@example.com