Windows of opportunity: prevention and early intervention in dementia
Personal Resources: Interventions
Listed below are a number of interventions that can help strengthen carer resilience:
Public health messages
- Messages about the key elements of mental wellbeing (taken from the Foresight Project).
- Connecting with other people.
- Being physically active.
- Taking notice -being more consciously aware of the world.
- Keeping learning.
- Giving to others.
Life story work
- Using Life Story work to identify and reinforce personal examples of resilience through life.
- The Life Story Network is a source of information and resources.
- Using a strengths-based, person-centred approach to assessment and care planning will tend to reinforce individual resilience.